Wednesday 3 January 2018

our corner of the internet





Hello Blogosphere!

Welcome to our blog Smoke and Ashes.

Smoke and Ashes is run by bloggers Alex and Ever.

On this blog expect to see a lot about books, a little bout us as well as monthly updates, reviews on movies and a whole lot of other stuff.

We try and post on our Instagram every two days and are hoping for if not two but one post a week on this blog. 

We both write posts, When we are writing individual posts you will know who is behind the keyboard and for combined we will either have Alex in italics or the whole post just in one.


Hi, I'm Alex.

I'm 12 years old and I turn 13 in April. I go to a high school in the small country of New Zealand, in the even smaller province Hawkes Bay. 

I've been blogging for around two years now, with my first blog TargetGirl (under the pseudonym 'TargetGirl' ) in 2015-16 and then A little inkling (under my middle name, Skye) from late 2016- early 17. I like blogging because it allows me to openly express my thoughts and I've made a lot of friends through it.

Some things I like to do are reading, karate, sewing, rock climbing, writing, and photography. :) A few of my favourite books are The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas, The ACOTAR series also by Sarah J. Maas, Everless by Sara Holland, The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare, Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard, City of Halves by Lucy Inglis and a lot more. (And I mean a lot!)

I live with my mum, step-dad, two step-brothers and a younger sister. I'm the oldest in my immediate family and second oldest counting my elder step-brother.

A fact not many people know about me is that I collect snowglobes, I currently own around 26 and try to get one on any holiday/place I go to. Most people also don't know that I really enjoy karate (as I said before), and I competed in the May Nationals last year placing second. 

I hope you'll stick around and I look forward getting to know all of you :)




Hi, I’m Ever.


I’m a year 8, 12 years old, turning 13 in August.


I’m new to blogging, but I’ve always wanted to start a book blog or something similar.
I was born in England but I’ve lived in New Zealand since I was 3. I live at home with my
Mum, my Dad, my younger brother, my cat, Jasper and my dog, Stanley.


I play hockey, netball and volleyball, and also like reading, baking, clothes shopping,
swimming, eating chocolate, and hanging out with friends. My favourite subject in
school is english, and I read heaps. Some of my favourite books are; 
Holding up the Universe by Jennifer Niven, Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, the CHERUB
series by Robert Muchamore, and of course, Harry Potter.

My goals for this year are; get my honours before leaving intermediate, read 100+
books, and take lots more photos.

A random fact about me, is that I'm trying to learn the whole periodic table by the end
of the year. So far I know up to Krypton, which is number 36 out of 118.

We hope you enjoy reading this blog as much as we will enjoy writing it, our main   goal is for you to simply be happy reading Smoke and Ashes.

~ Alex & Ever x
January 03, 2018 / by / 11 Comments

11 comments:

  1. Hey! Nice to 'meet' you both! Looking forward to what you post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! thank you! looking forward to seeing you around :)
      ~alex and ever

      Delete
  2. I love all the books you listed, Alex and I'm looking forward to what you both have to offer on here. I understand where you're coming from because like you, I've faced similar experiences with creating a new blog. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck!

    #sweetreats xx www.bakingboutiquebirds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey sweettreats!
      I'm looking forwards to talking with you again and thank you for the kind words <3
      ~ alex and ever

      Delete
  3. I look forward to reading y'all's posts! Welcome to the blogosphere!! ^_^

    -Gray Marie | graymariewrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :)
      looking forwards to checking out your blog x
      ~ alex and ever

      Delete
  4. Hi girl! Welcome to blogosphere again ♥ I wish you the best of luck and success! :))

    I'm your new follower, so If you want you can follow back! ♥
    kisses

    Is there any originality?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Darija,
    Of course we'd love to follow your blog, heading over there now!
    ~ Alex and Ever

    ReplyDelete
  6. of course, thank you for checking out smoke and ashes :)
    alex and ever

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new blog, you too!! It's so beautiful and well designed and I can't wait to read all the amazing posts you two write. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Looking forwards to seeing you around.
      ~alex and ever

      Delete

thank you for commenting, feel free to critique or simply say hi!
just remember to keep it clean

all images/text belong to the owners of the blog unless stated. do not steal. . Powered by Blogger.