Monday 5 February 2018

6 books we need to see made into movies // like now

Hey guys, It's Alex here with 6 books we need to see made into films.




I don't know about you but I personally love seeing films inspired by books, yes they change, add and take out details but i love seeing all the characters I've imagined on the screen  and seeing my favourite actors/resses playig characters ive loved in the books. 



 Image result for throne of glass

    1. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

If you haven't read the Throne of Glass series then this is the one thing I have to say to you - Go read it! It will kill you with feelings and I am so emotionally invested in it (and TOG7 needs to come out i might actually die)
Throne of Glass has the sassiest, most complex characters and just ughhhh I need more!

Image result for acotar cover

    2. A court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

ACOTAR rivals TOG for sassiness and complexity which makes sense as they both are written by Sarah J. Maas. Thankfully for my poor heart which these books are wrecking to shreds, A court of Wings and Ruin broke my heart and then Rhysurrected it (any acotar fans out there get it? I'm hilarious I know) 
But luckily for me, ACOTAR is being made into a movie but the casting or release date has not been confirmed!


Image result for city of halves
^ a must for fans of the Mortal Instruments - it says this yet is a seriously underrated book

    3. City of Halves by Lucy Inglis
Surprisingly, City of Halves is not that popular or well known as it should be in the YA communinity and Lucy is a seriously underrated author.
I can imagine the City of Halves movie so vividly, with a hot tattooed Regan played by Matthew Daddario and Emma Watson playing Lily (although unfortunately both actors are probably too old to play 16 year olds, Matthew could be an amazing Rhysand in ACOTAR though)
Image result for city of bones
   4. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Yes I know, City o Bones is already a movie. But I honestly don't like it at all, the casting just really through the whole thing off and the actors/esses while good didn't fit the bill as well as they could of.


Image result for fangirl

  5. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Eeeeee can I just say this would be one of the cutest movies ever? Like Fangirl is such a cute, emotional book and its so fluffy. Also seeing Cath's SimonXBa fanfic scenes would be amazing. I can also see Emma Watson playing Cath for some reason or maybe Anna Kendrick. 
Image result for carry on rainbow rowell
6. Carry on by Rainbow Rowell
Okay so this is a spinoff from Fangirl but Simon and Baz deserve there own precious lil movie of them and you can never get enough Simon Snow its just not possible, Maybe Ross Lynch as Simon and Dylan O'Brien as Baz? Oh yeah and I want a sassy Penelope, the only person who can rival Tyrannus Basilton Grimm-Pitch. 






 What books do you want made into films? Are you obsessed with any book or fandom at the moment? 

Until next time.
Alex,
Smoke and Ashes
 instagram ~ @thesmokeandash 


* disclaimer * the photos of the book covers do not belong to Smoke and Ashes and we do not claim otherwise
February 05, 2018 / by / 6 Comments

6 comments:

  1. Heartless by Marissa Meyer and Whisper to Me by Nick Lake definitely need to be made into movies as well! XD

    Great post!!

    -Gray Marie | graymariewrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh I haven't read those before! *looks at tbr pile* okay lets place a few more on, no don't tip over!
      ~ alex

      Delete
  2. Just looked up city of halves and it looks really cool! Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, It was the first book that really "brought" me into the world of YA and it was my favourite for so long.
      ~ alex

      Delete
  3. I very much agree with the City of Bones. The movie was rubbish and no where near as awe-inspiring as the book. City of Bones is one of my all favourite books and it was very disappointing to watch a film which doesn't meet your expectations. And I'm a massive fan of the Throne of Glass series too. I'm on the second book at the moment. You?

    #sweetreats xx www.bakingboutiquebirds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lowkey finished TOG nd finished EOS (empire of storms) a few months ago and I'm now waiting for TOG #7 to come out but like its not till 2019 because A court of frost and starlight (ACOTAR book 4) is coming out in a few months so I suppose Sarah is writing that.
      Beware your heart is going to break so much in the next few books like you can not even imagine. Like omg so many twists and turns
      also dorian and chaol are bae <3
      ~ from alex who is still trying to force ever to read them

      Delete

thank you for commenting, feel free to critique or simply say hi!
just remember to keep it clean

all images/text belong to the owners of the blog unless stated. do not steal. . Powered by Blogger.