Sunday 11 February 2018

Five Books I Feel Differently About After Time Has Passed // I don't understand my brain // moreeeeee ToG for you

What's up everyone I hope you are all having a lovely day and hope it's not 30 degrees where you are because it definitely is here and I am totally not dying haha what?
~alex



For today's post, I thought I'd link up with Broke and Bookish's Top 10 Tuesday Prompt 10 books I feel different about as time has passed.
But only 5 because it was actually hard to think of books I..... liked then ..... DID NOT. because you know im often found fangirling in the corner over anything and everything

1. City of Halves by Lucy Inglis 
 just seeing this now why did my image quality totally die im sorry

anyway seeing as I can't fix it...

City of Halves was my favourite book for ages, you'd find a lot of my old passwords were lilyandregan or cityofhalves but I don't know I think I just read it so many times the quality for me just died, Hopefully after a long break of not re-reading it will bring back that dazzle factor... or not.



2. All classics in general

I have no idea why but my huge mountain of old classics like Anne of Green Gables or Little Women has just stopped growing. Classics were the only books I ever read (funnily I stopped reading them after I read City of Halves....)
Maybe that era just passed for me? They just aren't the same anymore and I think YA has taken over my entire view-finder. 

Don't ask me why I took this upside down because I don't even know its just my only photo of Wildwood on my pc and my phone is deaaaaad
3. Wildwood by Meloy Ellis (huh who could've guessed I would put this in my list)
Wildwood was a trilogy I throughly enjoyed and for a while the longest books I'd ever read (500-600 pages)
Maybe thats the reason I never read them again.
It also might be the fact that someone borrowed them from me and I never got them back until a month or so ago when I bought the whole series again (#SALE)


4. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas
You seriously thought I could go a wholeeeeee post without mentioning a Sarah J Maas book? Never again.

CoM (book 2) was one of my favourites in the Throne of Glass series... until I got to the other books and now I just really don't like it. Nothing really happens and while yes it's semi essential to the plot I think it could've just been added in at the begining of Heir of Fire because most of it was semi-boring and un-needed in comparison to the action packed Throne of Glass and Heir of Fire (how unfortunate for CoM to be stuck between two of the most action books in the series) Luckily HoF makes up for it because ***** and *****. Yeah I can't say why because its massive spoilers.

5. Matched by Ally Condie

Matched was a series I got out from the library a while ago but I couldn't get the third in the trilogy. I really enjoyed the first and second but I wasn't urged to get out the third when I saw it. I do currently have it out but I just haven't been bothered reading it. Normally under the circumstances, I will stalk the book until its back in the library then ravenously wolf it into my brain. 
Did I not think it would live up to the hype? Did I just get bored of the series?
My brain will never know





What books did you love then not? Does your brain do weird things? How about fangirling?

Let's chat below ↓↓↓

~ xo Alex

@thesmokeandash


February 11, 2018 / by / 4 Comments

4 comments:

thank you for commenting, feel free to critique or simply say hi!
just remember to keep it clean

all images/text belong to the owners of the blog unless stated. do not steal. . Powered by Blogger.